Tour Rules And Regulations
The staff of the USS Edson and the Gray Ghost of Bay City tours strive to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our guests while aboard ship. To help us provide the best experience possible, all visitors are required to obey the following rules during their stay:
- All tour participants must be 18 years of age or older. Children under the age of 18 are currently not permitted on the tour.
- All tour participants must present a valid photo ID at check-in for the tour that shows date of birth.
- All tour participants must sign and turn in a completed copy of the tour Assumption of Risk form at check-in for their tour date. Guests will not be permitted on the tour without a completed copy of this form.
- For the safety of all guests, sandals, flip-flops, heeled shoes, or any footwear that does not completely cover their feet is forbidden inside the USS Edson. Shoes with rubber or non-slip soles must be worn while onboard. The Edson was designed and constructed to military specifications, and as such has many surfaces which can cause injury to persons wearing inappropriate footwear.
- To prevent the removal of artifacts from the ship, only small bags, purses and fanny packs are allowed inside the USS Edson. Any extra items must be left in your vehicle. Tour participants are allowed to return to their vehicles at any time during the evening.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the USS Edson, or any buildings on the SVNSM grounds. Tour participants may smoke outside as desired.
- For the enjoyment of your fellow tour participants, cell phones must be turned off or turned to "vibrate".
- No drugs, alcohol or weapons are permitted onboard the ship or SVNSM grounds. Anyone found using or possessing any such items will be immediately escorted from the premises and may face legal action.
- No seances or ouija boards are permitted while on the ship or SVNSM grounds. Use of Ouija boards or conducting a seance will result in immediate expulsion from the premises.
- Removal, damage or desecration of any SVNSM property is strictly prohibited. Any such actions taken will result in immediate expulsion from the premises and possible legal action.
- Areas of the SVNSM grounds or structures blocked off with caution tape or chains are restricted or hazard areas. Anyone found entering these areas or removing or otherwise defeating these barriers will be immediately escorted from the premises.